For decades it was only a dream: to see one of Union Pacific’s massive 4-8-8-4 “Big Boy” locomotives under steam again. Incredibly, though, #4014 is thundering down the mainline once again! In this jam-packed program, you’ll see the Big Boy’s return to steam, followed by her epic doubleheader with 4-8-4 #844 from Cheyenne, Wyoming to Ogden, Utah and back! If you like steam railroading action, that is “BIG steam railroading action, then you’ll want to watch this today!
- See Big Boy 4014’s test run, her first time on the mainline in nearly 60 years!.
- See her climbing, Sherman Hill, Peru Hill, and the Wasatch Grade.
- Great action in Weber and Echo Canyons.
- See the Union Pacific’s big celebration in Ogden featuring the 844 and the 4014.
- Attend the 150th anniversary of the completion of the transcontinental rail at Golden Spike National Historical Park.
- Thrill at the rare sight of a 4-8-4 and 4-8-8-4 double heading for hundreds of miles on the mainline!