1218 TrilogySKU: DVD-MLMP-1218T
This is the story of N&W 1218's return to steam in 1987. Three shows on one DVD tell the story.
For more about this product, click on the “Description” or “Additional Information” tabs.
- Free Post Office shipping on orders over $25!
- Free UPS shipping on orders over $75!
N&W 1218 is sidelined now, her rebuild interrupted when Norfolk Southern ended their steam program in the 1990s. But, this is the story of her return to steam in 1987. In three shows we see her leaving the Birmingham Shops for her break in run, then we see her first official excursion up Christiansburg Mountain and finally we see this huge 2-6-6-4 at the head of a 100 car coal train.
See 1218 in action – and hear 1218 as her distinctive whistle is heard as well as her beefy stack talk – in three shows:
* Breaking in N&W 1218, 35 minutes
* Thunder on Christiansburg Mountain, 42 minutes
* 1218 Pulls a 100 Car Coal Train, 25 minutes