Pay a visit to northern Minnesota and enjoy some steam freight and passenger trains on the North Shore Scenic Railroad between Duluth and Two Harbors. This area has a rich railroad history, and our special trains help relive it. We see Duluth and Northeastern 2-8-0 steam locomotive #28, which is also relettered in her former livery as DM&IR 332. You�ll step back in the old times seeing the steam locomotive in action, pulling freight and passenger cars from the Lake Superior Railroad Museum collection.
- See Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range #332 pull a string of DM&IR ore cars, a sight not seen since the 1950’s.
- #332 Pulling a passenger train
- Duluth & Northeastern #28 pulling a mixed freight and passenger train.
- DM&IR diesels on passenger
- You’ll also see some ore boats in action as well as an ocean ship, railroad and lake shipping being intertwined
- #28 pulling the regular North Shore Scenic Railroad passenger train.
- Enjoy a ride in the locomotive cab.If you like steam railroading, then this program is for you!