This collector’s edition uses richly detailed and annotated maps to illustrate the changing face of railroading, tracing the remnants and successors of long-vanished lines, major rail hubs, and locations celebrated in railroad history that remain vital today. Geography, history, and operations come alive in this collection of maps and graphics. Full color graphics, professionally drawn maps with the excellent history and commentary you’ve come to expect from Trains Magazine. These 40+ maps include four created just for this special issue magazine! Volume 2.
- Train riders’ guides to Toronto, Montreal, Denver, Portland, and the New York City and San Francisco Bay areas.
- Detailed looks at portions of Conrail predecessors the Pennsylvania and New York Central railroads, and how they remain significant today.
- The routes of the American Freedom Trains of two eras, the historic FT diesel locomotive demonstration tour, and presidential campaign trains.
- Then-and-now looks at Colorado, West Virginia, and Northern New England.
- Looks at key cities in the U.S. rail network, like Chicago, Kansas City, and St. Louis.
- And much more!