Christmas and trains are bound together by generations of tradition. Think how festive a Christmas tree looks when a toy train is chugging around its base. And what a special treat it is when retail stores set up displays with whistling trains rolling through holiday wonderlands! Pentrex captured the sights and sounds of nine different Christmas train displays ranging from toy train layouts and garden railroads decorated with holiday scenes to full-scale trains pulled by steam locomotives and modern diesels draped in Christmas lights.
These holiday extravaganzas will delight the whole family, year after year:
* The Huckleberry Railroad Christmas Train in Flint, Michigan
* The Galleria Wonderland Express in Dallas, Texas
* CSX’s Santa Claus Special in Kentucky and Tennessee
* The Hocking Valley Scenic Railroad Santa Claus Train in Nelsonville, Ohio
* The New York Botanical Garden’s outdoor garden railroad in New York City
* Cincinnati Gas & Electric’s O-gauge B&O model train
* The Cincinnati Zoo’s “Festival of Lights” garden and live steam railroads
* The Neiman Marcus Holiday Express
* Plus, the BNSF “Santa Claus Express” in Springfield, Missouri – a diesel-powered Christmas train covered with over 20,000 glowing lights!
The joyous sounds of familiar Christmas music add a cheerful note to the stunning visual images waiting for you in Christmas Trains!